iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Snap start club  (Read 31321 times)

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Snap start club
« on: January 14, 2012, 10:14:06 PM »

Over at the Spanish forum they created a "club" of players who can snap start a top.  Trompillo has even made a couple of designs for a logo:

Players have put up videos to get this virtual patch.  On that spirit, today I made this little video with several variations:

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
Re: Snap start club
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:26:03 PM »

I love this! What a great idea.  I made this video shortly after I learned to snap start:

I hope it qualifies?
Daveid taught me another snap/roll start that should be added to your collection ta0...
Very impressive to do all those snap starts in one take sir.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:36:04 PM by ta0 »

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 03:07:32 AM »

Thanks Ta0 for your video supporting our spanish players. :D At the end of the video you convine the two logos as a kind of animation with a very smart look.

I add every snap start video posted by a Spanish forum member in the principal post of the snap start "instantáneo" tutorial. And the player obtain the right of use the virtual logo.

(And a bit of poison) That is posible because people can add snap start logo or spintastics patches logos in its own forum signature... 8) 8) 8)
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »

I think it is fantastic what they have been doing on Pulp's forum, with several players challenging each other to learn tricks and get patches.   There has been some talk of adding Pulp and ta0 patches for those graduating from the Spintastics system. I have some ideas for mine, but the requirements are somewhat diabolic  >:D

Neff: I think you should include the Snap Start patch on your signature, even if Pulp has not yet officially confirmed it.

There is another start I have tried but I have only been successful a couple of times. You have the top lying on your palm, flip the fingers to throw it in the air and it just gets enough spin to catch it and start regenerating. No snap. Cool concept but not efficient or useful, I think.

The 4th snap start I do was inspired by one I have seen Jon Gates do: snap start the top with the left hand while it is on a trapeze mount. I think he pops it from there while I let it fall and take string, on the hopes that it adds more spin.  I am not sure if that is the case.

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:06:15 AM »

Neff: I think you should include the Snap Start patch on your signature, even if Pulp has not yet officially confirmed it.
Done!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:22:17 AM by Neff »

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 04:02:05 PM »

Great!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 01:26:13 AM »

Question: if I can snap start an imperial into my hand, it spins for five to ten seconds, do I qualify for a patch? I have yet to snap start to lasso. I guess I will practice it this week.

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 10:36:51 AM »

Question: if I can snap start an imperial into my hand, it spins for five to ten seconds, do I qualify for a patch? I have yet to snap start to lasso. I guess I will practice it this week.
After I put up the video, Pulp commented that he was asking for 5 roller coasters plus 3 seconds spin in the hand, so technically my video did not qualify  ::) But I got accepted to the club anyway  :P

If I was the judge, I would say that if it spins in the hand long enough to get it on the string and start regenerating, it qualifies as a snap start . . . as long as you do it with the same tops you use to play.  So, if you play with Imperials it would qualify, but not if you don't.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 11:01:12 AM »

"...so technically my video did not qualify  ::) But I got accepted to the club anyway"

More true confessions from Mr. T!

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:25:54 PM »

After I put up the video, Pulp commented that he was asking for 5 roller coasters plus 3 seconds spin in the hand, so technically my video did not qualify  ::) But I got accepted to the club anyway  :P

If I was the judge, I would say that if it spins in the hand long enough to get it on the string and start regenerating, it qualifies as a snap start . . . as long as you do it with the same tops you use to play.  So, if you play with Imperials it would qualify, but not if you don't.

Ta0, you did some snap start with more than five roller-coaster and finishing on your hand spinning more than 3 seconds at home in the trompiarium.

That is the rule. The same that was for Diego. Snap starting, five roller-coaster and 3 secs of hand-spinning.

The idea is to make you really can do that start.

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 01:08:40 AM »

I just snap started the bottom half of a Cobra and did some roller coasters and some other trickies. Does it have to be a whole top to get into the club? I will post a video soon.

trompillo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 03:07:50 AM »

I think so. This is a Snap start regenerating start and continue, always ending the spin in the hand at least three seconds, so you comment and you are done.
I have desire to see his video,
Welcome to the club¡¡¡ ;D

Gustin Joss

• Superhero member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 10:02:09 PM »

Coupla things:

1. This is my and Laura's first video collaboration so please know that there is no trickery going on when the top goes out of frame.
2. Since it is only half of a top, I did twice as many RC's to make up for it.
3. I was ending with a little arm walker to left hand, but Laura called an early stoppage--In her defense, I was interrupting Top Chef.
4. Am I in the club?!

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »

. Am I in the club?!

Definitely ! if not Eternally ! ;D ;D

good going , Justin !

jim