iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Announcement - INEPTT Raffle/Tombola # 1 (now with added prize!)  (Read 33515 times)

Larry D.

• Hyperhero member

The first INEPTT Raffle/Tombola will be for a 5" Deluxe Watts' Top;
Created and donated by our legendary master turner Walter Watts.

For the first raffle there will be only 50 tickets from 00 to 49 at $10 each.

Tickets will be available for purchase starting March 5 until the drawing date (two weeks). The first week only members of the board (including newly registered members) can buy tickets (please, indicate your board username on your payment.). The second week, if any tickets are left, the raffle is open to anybody. The raffle Committee members cannot participate.

The ticket numbers will be distributed in chronological order as payments are listed as completed on the *****l account for ******. For example, a payment of $20 will be assigned two consecutive numbers. You will be notified of your ticket number(s) as soon as possible and the list of tickets sold will be periodically posted on this thread.

If you do not have a *****l account you can purchase them through someone who has (and you trust) or by sending a check to the treasurer. But checks that the treasurer receives after the closing time or after all the tickets have been sold will be destroyed without cashing. **** E-check payments will need to be cleared by ***** before a ticket is assigned. Paypal payments received after all tickets are sold or the closing time will be refunded. The closing time (as indicated by Paypal payment completion) is 2 hours before the drawing.

The winning ticket will be determined as follows, based on the Texas Pick-3 game from the Texas Lottery, to be held on March 19 at 12:27 PM CST. The official website for the game is: www.txlottery.org/export/sites/default/Games/Pick_3.

The FIRST TWO numbers of the drawing will form the digits of the winning number. However, if the resulting number is between 50 and 99, the number 50 should be subtracted to determine the winning ticket between 00 and 49. For example, if the drawing is 3-3-8 the winning ticket would be 33, it it is 0-9-2 the winner is 09, if it is 7-7-5 the winner is 27 (i.e., 77 minus 50). If not all tickets are sold and there is no winner, the following Pick-3 game will be used (that same night) and so forth if necessary (Pick-3 drawings are two times per day).

« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:05:43 PM by ta0 »

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Announcement - INEPTT Raffle/Tombola # 1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »

I think a 1 in 50 chance of winning with just one ticket is not bad!  The top on the picture is an example: Walt has migrated to the south for the winter and cannot provide a picture, but it should be very similar. Walt was making big tops when nobody else was and his tops are classics and part of our history. Alan Gray was inspired by these tops to start making his giant ones. This one has the "deluxe" color band paint job that I believe is the same used by Jim Schreiber in many of his tops. This is your chance of owning one of the famous Watts' tops!

A couple of things about ****. If you select "personal payment" instead of "goods" and "services" and you have a **** balance or direct draw from you bank account you will save us the Paypal fee. But it is not much per ticket $0.59) so don't worry if you don't. By the way, the ***** account is in ***** name. If you don't have **** and you need to send me a check, shoot me a pm.

[EDIT] It seems that for international payments there is still a **** fee (you can choose who pays it).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:07:07 PM by ta0 »

Pulpowsky

• ITSA Jr.
  • Superhero member
  • Trainning trick: None
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:29:24 PM »

My payment is made.
  Greetings: Jorge Sanjuan.

www.pulpowsky.com/foro

Jeromy K.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »

As soon as I get funding I am in.

silvertop

• ITSA Honor
  • Don Olney does his top show in Upstate New York
    • Toy Designer and Spinning Top Collector
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 08:55:42 AM »

One ticket purchased even though I already own 4 or 5 Watts Tops! I think my earliest is # 19, but I also have one with no number, and a huge one that is packed away, so I don't know the size or #.
Don Olney
1237 E. Main St.
Rochester, NY 14609
topman@rochester.rr.com

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 11:40:02 AM »

Payed for two tickets, i own a wonderful Watt but i like to help the raffle :-)

MatiasStuntMan

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 01:15:56 PM »

Payment x2 sent!

ProudMom

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 02:36:48 PM »

I'm in and anxious to see what my lucky number is!

My son would be so delighted with a big top - but I don't think it will fit in the little cookie tin he is using for his collection!

"When" I win, I'll be looking for advice on protecting furniture, floors and pets.

RotatED

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »

We (RotatED and Angelob) just bought 2 tickets each.
Eagerly awaiting the draw!

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
Re: Announcement - INEPTT Raffle/Tombola
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 05:49:42 PM »

UPDATED 3/17, 3:50PM CDT

SOLD OUT!
Updated list of ticket holders here.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:52:06 PM by ta0 »

MatiasStuntMan

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 06:28:29 PM »

09-10 that is my birthday, I am feeling lucky already!!!!

lincolnrick

• ITSA
  • Hyperhero member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 07:43:47 PM »

I'm in for 2 tickets.  I'd have a set of triplets with a win here  8)

Neff

• ITSA Jr.
  • Demigod member
    • My Website!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 08:43:27 PM »

Super-duper thanks to everybody participating, and to all those considering it as well.  The reality of this is sinking in for me.  Woot!

Trevor

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »

i'm in for my 2 tix. Go go go Neffy!  ;D

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 05:18:54 PM »

Is destiny, number 8 everywhere  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up