iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Spinjitzu  (Read 8504 times)

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
Re: Ninjago Spinjitzu Slam
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 12:54:28 AM »

@ta0: This is the first I've seen the Spinjitzu Burst version. May have to try one to see how the top works and to check out the parts, some of which I don't recognize from the video.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:58:04 AM by Jeremy McCreary »
Art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time ... and with spinning tops, we decorate both.
—after Jean-Michel Basquiat, 1960-1988

Everything in the world is strange and marvelous to well-open eyes.
—Jose Ortega y Gasset, 1883-1955

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 09:58:49 PM »

@ta0: This is the first I've seen the Spinjitzu Burst version.
I ordered without checking the details, so at first I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the hard shell version which should spin longer. But it worked slightly better than expected.

I printed an adapter to use the screw tip on one of my 3D printed tops. But launcher couldn't spin it fast enough.

Jeremy McCreary

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
    • MOCpages
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2020, 04:11:06 PM »

I ordered without checking the details, so at first I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the hard shell version which should spin longer. But it worked slightly better than expected.

I printed an adapter to use the screw tip on one of my 3D printed tops. But launcher couldn't spin it fast enough.

The launcher is disappointing even with the hard shell. No surprise that your peg top had too much AMI for the starting torque and spin-up time avaliable.
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up