iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Independent Toy Stores in Cincinnati, OH?  (Read 4844 times)

Apex

Independent Toy Stores in Cincinnati, OH?
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »

I am going to be in Cincy for a couple of days between Christmas and New Years.  Do any of you fine Ohio based folks have any ideas for independent toy stores in Cincy?  I have been told to check out King Arthur's and Blue Manatee while I am there.  Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Alex

hemingsoft

• Gold Member
Re: Independent Toy Stores in Cincinnati, OH?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »

King Arthur's is the only one I've been to.  I think there's one not far from there called Boardwalk.  I think it's more of a game store than toy shop.  There's also several hobby shops, but the ones I know are gears towards R/C toys and table top gaming.
"Could switching to GEICO really save you 15 percent or more on car insurance?"

...Is a top in the hand worth two on the floor?

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 08:40:29 PM »

I'm not much for shopping so I can't help with stores to check out.  However, I'd like to point out that the University of Cincinnati is just about 6 miles away from King Arthur's Court toy store on the same street (Madison becomes MLK).  You are welcome to visit us (or maybe just me depending on the day) at the physics department.  I suspect Mike is rather busy that time of year but maybe he could sneak away for a quick visit to have some spinning fun in the basement.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:38:49 PM »

My son Joe will be around.  I will bet he would like to come.....if we could work out a time!
Happiness runs in a circular motion!!!

Apex

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 02:07:07 AM »

I will be up there the 29th and 30th. I am staying with friends for a couple of days so I don't know what their plans are yet, but I would love to stop in and check out the physics department for a little bit. John, will you be around those days?

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 06:29:47 AM »

I will be up there the 29th and 30th. I am staying with friends for a couple of days so I don't know what their plans are yet, but I would love to stop in and check out the physics department for a little bit. John, will you be around those days?

I will be here! :)  Mike (and Joe), is it too early to recognize an opening in your schedule for either of those days?

Apex

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »

John, I will message you when I get closer to the days I will be up there.  I won't have a lot of time but I would love to hang out for an hour or two.

the Earl of Whirl

• ITSA
  • Olympus member
    • St. Jacob Lutheran with a tops page
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »

Wednesday or Thursday of next week?  Let us know when and we will try to get down there.

johnm

• Ultrahero member
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 07:04:47 AM »

Wednesday or Thursday of next week?  Let us know when and we will try to get down there.
I will be up there the 29th and 30th.

Mike, Apex is planing for two weeks from today which is after Christmas.  I'll be sure to keep you informed when times get more definite.

jim in paris

• ITSA
  • Demigod member
  • "oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme
    • my vids on  youtube
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 11:51:58 AM »

ah ah ah :!!

when i read the title , I was immediately going to quote the most trendy and skilled "Independent Toy Store in Cincinnati "

but John , you got me on that one :-[

have fun partners !! :D

jim
"oeuvre de coeur prend tout un homme"