iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Independent toy stores in Nashville TN  (Read 3156 times)

Apex

Independent toy stores in Nashville TN
« on: December 09, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »

I am visiting some friends in nashville right now and was wondering if any one knew of a couple of good toy stores here.
Alex

Mark Magyar

• ITSA Jr.
Re: Independent toy stores in Nashville TN
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 04:16:21 PM »

So when I posted on FB you were already in Nashville? Glad someone was of help and you were able to go to a few stores... Any other stores you went to besides Phillips? Any Spin Top stuff?
I live about 2 hours from Nashville and I go there to Nashville on occasion.
and just came across this site about Nashville yo-yo contest:
www.yoyonashville.com A few of the contestants were mentioned on who to ask about independent toy stores in Nashville.
and no spin top contest a part of the yo-yo contest.  :'(
hopefully, maybe that will change soon enough.

Well, Anyway. Good Luck on your independent toy stores quest...

Apex

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:47:47 PM »

Mark, thank you for your messages I also messaged Brandon Jackson from Duncan and he pointed me to Phillips as well.
While I was in Nashville I hit Phillips Toy Mart and Main Street Toys in Franklin.  Both very nice stores.  Phillips is big and a little chaotic but I like that kind of thing.  No throw tops, cheap plastic finger tops and some metal pump tops that hum when they get up to speed.  Their yo-yo selection was of low end duncans, yomegas and the cheap yo-yos your relatives buy you because they know you like yo-yos but don't understand that those are unplayable.  The I picked up a cheap pennywhistle and have been driving the cats nuts with it. 
In Franklin we went to Main Street toys.  much smaller and much better organized. it seemed kinda sterile though.  toys in manufacturer's display cases and the like.  Again no tops and pretty much the same selection of yo-yos.  They did have a small magic section that seemed nice but nothing really spectacular. All in all a good trip and gives me ideas for what I am working on.
Alex

poptop

• ITSA Jr.
  • Hyperhero member
  • top dropper
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:23:17 PM »

Thanks for the report.  If we keep asking about tops, maybe they will carry them...
Erratic Wobbler