iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Strummol8 plans  (Read 7970 times)

Free

• Gold Member
Re: Strummol8 plans
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 11:48:08 AM »

I can't wait! Exciting things are happening in the spintop world, I'm glad to be along for the ride. Exactly 3 weeks to the day after learning to spin I landed my first Trapeze with a Giulia (thanks Joe P.!). Soon I'll have a little tweety bird (Titti) in my hands and I'll be flying through new tricks.

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 09:48:54 PM »

Eccelente!
E davvero, a me mi piace molto piú il primo STB. Il Giulia é molto bene, má, a questione personale, credo che il primo e gía classico STB di delrin é il migliore, molto piú che la trottola Giulia.

MrYo

• ITSA
  • Superhero member
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 03:01:13 PM »

... after my visit to the machinist, a new run of Giulia will be made (orders to fulfill).
The final version of Titti will be produced (maybe the name will change), open cap to hold the double tip cap, better and hardened aluminum than the prototype, the treatment darkens the aluminum; the external part of this piece will have a teflon or nylon ring to adsorb ground hits. Inside the top a rim will aid thumb grinds.
I will make 20 prototypes of the new STB, shape similar to Giulia and a bit more high than first STB.
Also i will have 20 tips for the one way bearing  :D and 10 with some mods to the original shape, this can help top down tricks  ;)

Nothing clear Giulia for now, too much problems.

Maurizio

rusty

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 03:50:29 PM »

Wow, this sounds very nice. I cannot wait to order a Titti and a one-way bearing tip.

topper777

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 04:08:09 PM »

kool, im looking foreward to buying at least one of the new tops. when will you post pics?

pplgrande

• Superhero member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 11:16:07 PM »

That sounds awesome Maurizio :)
When can we start placing orders?