iTopSpin

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Arsenal, Aditamentos y herramientas del jugador de trompo.  (Read 7091 times)

Ketzaltlipoka

• Superhero member
Re: Arsenal, Aditamentos y herramientas del jugador de trompo.
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 09:54:56 PM »

I need to use too a certain kind of tape....
the tape that medical centers use....here, We use that tape to cover fingers to play frontón...
to me, is necessary too to cover my tennis to avoid damages and pain..both in shoes tennis and feet..
here, we called it "cinta de tela"....usually is white...

ta0

• Administrator
  • Olympus member
    • www.ta0.com
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »

This is a photo of my case that Jay took at the Miamisburg festival:

and this is what currently is in the pockets:

The acrylic tool is to remove YYJ end tips. The wood block has smaller wholes on the other side and is for removing tips from Spintastics and YYJ by hitting them from behind with the steel punch in the center. The superglue I find very useful.

One "tool" that I recall Mike having at past Worlds and was very much requested was a can of mineral oils to clean dirty Trompo Bearings.

Daveid

• ITSA Jr.
  • pinwheels
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:26 PM »

For bearing play I've got several Duncan Bearing Kings with cleaned bearings, I've got several other bearing tops some from Spintastics and some from Yoyojam, but I mostly play with the Duncans, I'm most used to them and I've got more of them so if one isn't working so great I can just find another and I don't have to stop and baby it.
I don't play outside so much, so i generally play in socks and pajama pants over carpet... if in shoes it's converse allstars... or a twelve year old pair of wingtips with no laces.
I don't remember ever dropping any of my tops on my feet.
I've got some clear electrical tape that I love, I think it's made by 3M but I can't find it right now to make sure, I haven't ever had to change the tape because it was peeling off (once again, I don't play outside so much so it doesn't take much damage)...
I've got two or three strings from a spool bought from yoyoguy a long time ago and two that are the same string but with one of the strands that makes it up pulled out to make it thinner, the buttons for the thin strings are cut from caps from beverages or pill bottle caps, the thin strings I use for Duncan Imperials... I don't play with a ring.
I guess I should say super glue since it's holding the modified ripcord tip in the lower half of my quicksilver, this is the top i play with usually... it's my favorite fixed tip and probably my favorite top that I didn't make.
a few different grades of very fine sand paper for polishing alluminum tops (polished sides are easier to snap start).
like I always say:dead monkeys don't fly on sticks.
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up